Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Day of the Mamma

The Sunday that just passed was undoubtedly my best Mother's Day ever.
Nothing beats being showered in love and cuddles and the constant parade of lovingly handmade cards and gifts.

The twins had a Mother's Day fundraising stall at school where they purchased me $4 gifts.
Twin A bought me silverplated dessert spoons with tiny seashells on the end. She couldn't wait till Sunday to present them to me, so she ripped open the packet and promptly christened a tub of chocolate yoghurt with one of the lucky spoons.

Twin B surprised me with a boxed set of makeup. The turquoise eyeshadow and hot pink lip gloss will come in handy when I dress up as a Fairy Queen this weekend for Katrushki's birthday.

Katrushki made me a lovely artwork with her handprint and more gold glitter than a Lady Gaga concert.

Darling Mr WhoaMamma surprised me with a beautiful bunch of flowers that beautify my kitchen as well as my soul.


We took my mother, grandmother, aunt and cousins for a family lunch at a favourite Greek restaurant.
Red wine + seafood = One Very Happy Whoa Mamma!


It was great not to worry about washing, cleaning and cooking for a day.
My real joy came from just BEING with my loved ones. No other distractions or duties.
They had my total attention, and I had theirs.


The next day, it was back to reality.



But the strength to carry on came from this beautiful card from Twin B:

"Dear Mummy,
I love you because I love you,
and that is why I love you."

Love doesn't need a reason.




12 comments:

Rhia said...

Oh that card was delicious! How adorable :-)

astrogirl529 said...

Gorgeous. Those little cards are so special.

kelley @ magnetoboldtoo said...

One of the best mothers day wrap ups I have read.

'The next day, it was back to reality' made me LOL.

kelley @ magnetoboldtoo said...

One of the best mothers day wrap ups I have read.

'The next day, it was back to reality' made me LOL.

Grace said...

Oh, Jess! So gorgeous ! What a beautiful summary of the day. Love Twin B's card. Just love!!!

Catherine Rodie said...

Lovely post!

Unknown said...

what a beautiful post and I just love that card x

Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit said...

How lovely!

Life Love and Hiccups said...

That card makes up for all the meeses in the world. So glad you had a wonderful Mothers day gorgeous mama. xx

Unknown said...

I love a hand made card. That's all I wanted for Mother's Day... as well as cuddles of course :)

frockandrollonline.com said...

Awww! ADORABLE!

I'm glad you had such a lovely day :)

Anonymous said...

I usually hate commenting, but i thought i would give it a go for this blog. Been reading your stuff for awhile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...