Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Trinkets on Tuesday: Love Conquers All


I'm so excited to be linking up again with the gorgeous Naomi from Diva Mum for 'Trinkets on Tuesday'. Another excuse to dig into my treasure box and share with you another one of my beloved trinkets.

Todays special treasure is one I discovered on Etsy and fell in love with it at first sight.
It's my beautiful 'Love Conquers in Battle' brooch by a fabulous designer based in Greece, Demi, who names her exquisite range of adornments,  Amoronia.

Image from Amoronia's Etsy shop
Amoronia designs are vintage inspired and often One of A Kind, using upcycled and repurposed jewels, beads and crystals. Charming and whimsical and quite, quite special, every Amoronia piece tells a story.

My beautiful brooch is worn as my Badge of Honor, close to my heart. It features an Ancient Greek quote from Classical writer Socrates 'Eρως άνίκατε μάχαν (pronounced: Eros anikaté mahhan) which translates as 'Love Unconquerable in Battle'. One of my own personal phlosophies. I'm a great believer in the Power of Love and have Faith that it can conquer all....always.


I love the antiqued brass patina and the scrolls of the frame. It looks very vintagey. At the bottom of the brooch dangles the loveliest creamy jade bead.

I love this brooch so much. I feel connected to my Grecian heritage when I wear it. It makes me happy and proud, and I wear it as a symbol that when times get a bit sad or stormy, Love will always rescue me.



♥ What favourite accessory do you wear closest to your heart? 

8 comments:

sevencherubs said...

Gorgeous. Love that is has a wonderful message inscribed on it and that it connects you to your family. Love the vintage look. Thanks so much for linking up and sharing. N x

Jess WhoaMamma said...

Thank you so much Naomi! Think I could revamp it and use it to decorate a lovely gathered pearl necklace like you shared on your Diva Mum tutorial today xx

retrorevival.biz said...

Gorgeous! My fave is my grandmother's diamond rhinestone broch ~ wear it every change I get!

~Cindy

Demi said...

I am so touched by your post... Indeed, Love is the strongest thing in the whole universe!

Jess WhoaMamma said...

@Cindy: I have a beautiful vintage rhinestone brooch of my grandmothers too! One of my most treasured objects! xxx

Jess WhoaMamma said...

@Demi: So glad you liked the post! You're a wonderful designer who creates with beauty and sensitivity. I love my special treasure and was so happy to be able to share it for all to see. Keep creating your beautiful jewels! xxx

Norlin said...

That is gorgeous, I love the simplicity of it, yet the message is so loud and clear. And that little bead just adds that extra touch. :)

Anonymous said...

ZOMG I love it. That is absolutely stunning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...