Saturday, April 14, 2012

Happy 1st Blogaversary to Me!

A momentous day.

One year exactly since I sat down at this laptop and published my first blog post here in Whoa, Mamma Land.  An anniversary I share with the sinking of the Titanic, which is quite fitting really.

One year ago today I was sinking. Happy on the outside but drowning, wallowing deep inside. Emotionally I'd hit rock bottom. I was a stay-at-home mamma, devoted to my 3 darling kids and my darling Mr WhoaMamma, full of love, but still empty inside.

I had forgotten to devote some of that awesome Mamma-lovin' to My Self.

But, one fabulous, sparkly, shimmery year on, this Mamma's certainly turned her Woes into Whoa's!

All because of this teeny weeny little blog and a community of Oh-So-Fabulous-and-Inspiring readers!

I'm still a stay at home mamma.
I'm still devoted to my spirited little girls.
I still swoon over the ravishing Mr Whoa Mamma.

But I'm no longer empty inside.

Today is the eve of Greek Orthodox Easter. Which is fitting, because it's all about Resurrection and Re-Birth. I'm typing this inbetween baking batches of cookies with my girls and preparing for our big family feast tomorrow. This Mamma feels like she has been resurrected and re-born. It's amazing what a little Self-Love can do.

This is my little piece of Heaven.
A wonderful world where I'm more than just a wife, mother, sister, daughter.
Casa de Whoa Mamma: my cosy little home where you're Welcome ALL the time!

So, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU with all my buxomy heart, for taking the time to visit my little world. It gives me the biggest thrill, YOU, Sweet One, that you are here, right now, reading this.

Thank You to all the fabulous bloggers out there who continue to inspire me, entertain me, enchant me, motivate me, share with me and basically make the day a Whole Lot More Luminous and Joyous.

And, if you are sitting here reading this and wondering if you should start a blog, do it! do it! DO IT!

Don't do it for anyone else, do it for YOU!

It changed my life, and it could change yours too!

Hip Hip Hooray!

P.S: Stay tuned next week for a super-special giveaway just for YOU!
        Yes, it's my Bloggy Birthday but you get the gifts!
         Yippee!!!!!



P.P.S: I'm celebrating by joining in the Ultimate Blog Party! Hip Hip Hooray!


Ultimate Blog Party 2012

P.P.P.S: If you really want to give this Mamma a thrill and an extra reason for celebrating, would you like to throw a lil vote 'Whoa, Mamma's!' way in the Sydney Writer's Centre 'Best Australian Blogs 2012 People's Choice Award'? You can vote with one easy-peasy click!
Just click on the link below and scroll down to 'Whoa, Mamma!'
Thank you!
Vote HERE!!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy blog birthday! xo

One Too Many said...

Happy Happy Blog-Birthday...Good on your for your 1st year, I hope it continues to bring you happiness!!

kirri @ Happy Mums At Home said...

Congrats darlin Jess. I'm so happy to have met you and so blessed to follow your journey x

PS - My one complaint is your commenting system...sometimes I can't make out the spam captcha words and have to keep trying again and again!

Redcliffe Style said...

What an excellent post! I have only been blogging for 5/6 months and I can see how it fills an emptiness. You have a fantastic page and should be so proud. Rachel xx

This Busy Life said...

Happy Anniversary! Just stopped by via the party! We are relatively new to blogging and we are thoroughly enjoying it!

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Glad it's been such a wonderful experience for you! And happy blogiversary!

Just stopping from the blog party. Hope you have a great week hopping and will stop by and say hi when you get a chance!

Amy

OneMommy said...

Congrats on your one year! How fun to have the blog party at the same time! :)

Demi said...

I am very blessed to have met you Jess, you are an incredible person and an inspiration to me. Happy blogiversary and Christos Anesti!

Queen Mom Jen said...

What a great site you have created. You should be proud! I loved the post and the message you shared. I started blogging about 6 months ago and I have found such great friends and read so many wonderful things for which I am so grateful. Looking forward to coming back and reading more.

http://www.practicallyperfectprincess.com/p/contact.html

Unknown said...

YAY! Happy Blog Birthday to you! I just started a month ago and hope that I love blogging as much then as I do now. What an awesome outlet!

http://4alittleloco.blogspot.com/2012/04/things-i-never-needed-before.html

Audrey said...

Happy Belated Blogging Birthday!! #UBP12

Sharon said...

I voted for you. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...